Natural Acne Treatments for Teenagers
One of the most significant problems for adolescents is having to deal with acne, which inevitably appears at this age. The problem becomes more serious because at this stage, kids give great importance to their physical appearance and what others think of them. They see a small pimple on their face as the worst blemish in the world. Moreover, when the problem of acne is severe, it has a very negative impact on their self-esteem.
Often parents do not give importance to this issue because they think it is a natural stage of life. The teenager, who has no money nor the means to see a doctor or to buy an acne cream, feels in despair.
Fortunately, there are home remedies that young people can put into practice. These natural remedies are inexpensive and readily available. If you look in the refrigerator or pantry in your kitchen, it’s very likely that you will find the ingredients there.
Some natural remedies to combat acne in adolescents are:
- Oats mask: Cook the oats and apply as a mask for 15 minutes. Repeat every two weeks.
- Crush a handful of bay leaves and soak in a cup of water. Let stand for one day. Apply the water with a cotton swab.
- In a bowl, add equal parts of rose water and lemon juice. Apply the mixture with a cotton swab, leave on for half an hour. Wash your face. Repeat every two weeks.
- Strawberry mask: Strawberries are high in salicylic acid, the active ingredient in many commercial anti-acne creams. Mash some strawberries and apply as a mask. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash.
- Apple cider vinegar: Wash your face with neutral soap and dry. Apply apple cider vinegar with a cotton swab.
- Garlic and milk: Cut garlic into pieces and soak for half an hour in a cup with milk. Remove the pieces and rub the affected area with them.
For severe cases of acne consult a dermatologist.