Reduce any puffiness in your eyes. Swelling in the skin on and around your eyes can make them look smaller. Try these steps to reduce puffiness:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Wash your face with cool water.
- Place cold, used teabags over your eyes. The tannins in the tea act as an astringent, tightening the skin.
- Reduce your salt intake. Too much salt leads to water retention, which leads to eye puffiness.
- Exercise to increase circulation, which in turn reduces water retention.
Get rid of dark circle under your eyes. This won’t necessarily make your eyes look bigger, but dark circles will detract from even the biggest, most beautiful eyes.
- Stay healthy. This means getting plenty of sleep, eating a balanced, healthy diet and minimizing the intake of salt in your diet.
Try applying cold spoons. Before you go to bed, place two spoons in the freezer overnight. Wake up, rub the sleep out of your eyes, and place the two spoons over each of your eyes for about 1 minute. This method helps your eyes to appear bigger and brighter throughout the day. ( Plus, it helps to reduce the appearance of under-eye circles.)