To prepare a smooth canvas for your makeup, always start off with clean, moisturized skin. You’ll find that your makeup glides on and blends more easily.
1. Keep your skin free of buildup by using a gentle cleanser in the morning and at night. When cleansing your face, do so gently in upward motion stokes – do not tug, pull or scrub too hard to prevent irritation.
2. Freshen up your skin with a toner containing ingredients that suit your skin type.
3. Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturizer that is compatable with your skin type. Make sure your daytime moisturizer contains SPF to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
4. Treat yourself to an at-home-facial 2 to 3 times a week. Use a mild cleanser, then exfoliate with a gentle scrub that contains exfoliants that are round and non-abrasive.
5. Apply a facial mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good night’s sleep!
secret to a natural, flawless look
1. Apply foundation to your cheeks, forehead, and chin using a foundation brush, sponge, or clean fingertips. Blend the foundation all the way to your natural hairline with long, light strokes.
2. Continue blending over the jawline and onto your neck to achieve a natural, seamless look. Check your face and neck in natural light to make sure the foundation is completely blended in all areas.
3. If under-eye circles or red spots remain, do not add more foundation; it can look heavy and cakey. Instead, try a concealer.
Tip: Choose the shade of your foundation carefully. When testing out shades, pick one that matches the tone of your jawline exactly. It helps to use a mirror outdoors to see how shades look in natural light.
Tip: Begin by applying a small amount of foundation then increase amount to achieve the degree of coverage that suits your skin.