For makeup artists, the human face and body are the canvas. If you have passion for beauty and makeup and possess a creative edge, makeup artist training may be a great fit for you.
In a school of makeup, you will learn how to design makeup looks, pair makeup with hairstyles, apply corrective and full makeup, and customize makeup regimens for different people and much more. Though many schools offer specialized makeup-only programs, makeup artist certification is often paired with skills learned in a comprehensive cosmetology program.
We move to 1734 Stateline Rd. West, Southaven, MS 38671
Pro Artist answers the digging questions on how to get a dream job
Thousands have emailed me over the years asking how to be me–how do you have the time of your life putting makeup on people, and get someone to pay you on the way out the door? I’m sharing with you the top questions they’ve been asking and my answers to help kick-start the dream of being a pro makeup artist.
- What is it that a makeup artist actually does?
- What kind of education do I need to be a professional makeup artist?
- What kind of skills do I need to do makeup on someone?
- What kind of daily routine is there for makeup artist?
- Where is makeup usually done? Is it in a regular business environment?
- Do you work alone or with others?
- Is makeup a self-employment job or will someone hire you to work for them?
- As a makeup artist, do you have a boss or do you work mostly on your own?
- What kind of starting salary will a makeup artist get?
- Is income affected by seasons, amount of work, layoffs?
- Is salary set or is it negotiated and how hard is it to get what you think you are worth?
- Is a makeup career a growth market or is it a job that is declining on opportunities.
- How do I search for work as an artist?
- How is a makeup career affected by where you live?
- What is the most challenging experience you’ve had as a makeup artist?
- Do you use one big kit of makeup or do you have several, and what products in general do we need in a makeup artist’s kit?
- Is it hard to get started as a fashion makeup artist?
- What kind of pace do you need to work at as an artist?
- Is it easy to get into film, TV and theater work or do you need connections?
- What’s your best advice for a student looking at going out into the makeup world?
- What do you find most rewarding about a makeup career?
- What is expected in a makeup artist’s portfolio?
- Do you have any favorite websites that inspire your makeup styles?
- Do you think there is a lot of competition with other artists? And how do you make sure you stand out from them and the competition doesn’t kill you?
- Is a makeup career one that suits family life?
- What’s your advice in starting out as a makeup artist; how do I promote myself?
- What are the drawbacks of a makeup career?
- What are the rewards of a makeup career?
- Why should I go to makeup school?
- Can I make it if I don’t go to makeup school?
Makeup artistry is a very marketable skill and it is one that you can take with you anywhere you go. It doesn’t matter whether you travel the world or whether you are simply looking for somewhere you can startup your own makeup business, you can feel confident and satisfied knowing that you are doing everything you need to do while still having time for yourself. You could be earning the salary of a professional makeup artist and the job possibilities really are endless.
With Dangerously Beautiful, you won’t need to travel away from home, you won’t need to spend time away from your family and you won’t need to break the bank over tuition fees. So what is stopping you from taking control of your life and doing what you want to do?
for Makeup class!
- Completing fun and practical hands-on assignments
- Sharing your work online
- Receiving evaluations and feedback on your work
- Pimple coverages. Black spots.
- Cool eyeshadow technique
- Life saving tricks for makeup artists
- How to be a successful makeup artist
- How to get Makeup Pro Cards and Discounts
INTRODUCTION TO MAKEUP ARTISTRY & FOUNDATIONS
- Makeup kit overview
- Makeup brushes guide
- Makeup artist appearance
- Understanding the clients needs
- Base matching
- Color correction
DOING WHAT YOU LOVE
They say that once you’re doing what you love, you never work a day in your life. If you truly love being creative and have a passion for makeup, this is a field that will always satisfy your true desires. This is more than a job, it’s a true career.
CONVENIENT & FLEXIBLE LEARNING
Until you’re ready to do this full time, you need the flexibility to learn at your own pace. That’s why you’ll have the ability to watch videos and practice as much as you want, long before you submit your work to be critiques by Mariana. Practice, practice, practice!